This project is part of the February 2021 Textbook Success Program cohort.
The CUNY Open Educational Resources (OER) Teacher Education Hub project is designed by a team of faculty and staff to provide access to open educational resources in teacher education for faculty across the City University of New York (CUNY) and beyond. This site will feature open resources and video anecdotes developed by faculty and student contributors across CUNY starting with Lehman College and Hostos Community College. Learn more about our project and the members of our team below.
What do we hope to accomplish?
We are designing a CUNY digital resources hub for Open Educational Resources (OER) in teacher education that is accessible to all education faculty within and outside of the City University of New York.
Why a CUNY Teacher Education Hub?
The City University of New York is dedicated to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Connected University, the 2016-2020 CUNY master plan, makes explicit a commitment to “expanding portals of opportunity and access.” A resource hub has the potential to share innovative practices across 25 colleges located in five boroughs. As the nation’s largest urban university system serving low-income students from ethnically and racially diverse backgrounds, it would be no small feat to reduce the cost of teacher education programs and to amplify the voices of students through large-scale adoption of OER.
What will faculty find on the CUNY OER Teacher Education Hub?
- A general overview of OER and Open Pedagogy
- An introduction to technology tools and platforms that support OER
- Video interviews with CUNY faculty who have created and/or adopted OER
- Sample CUNY OER courses and assignments
- Examples of Student Voice/Authorship in OER
- An annotated bibliography of curated OER resources
- Invitation to join the growing network of OER teacher educators
Who is on our team?
- Dr Harriet “Niki” Fayne, Project Director
- Naliza Sadik, Project Manager
- Stacy Katz, OER Librarian, Lehman College and Consultant
- Wendy Barrales, Content Specialist
- Anthony Wheeler, Web Specialist
- Zullyvette Muniz, Media Specialist
How can you help?
- Share your education OER courses and assignments
- Volunteer to be a Hub reviewer as we conduct an open review process
- Adopt, adapt, and remix CUNY Hub resources and let us know how you used them